Saturday, July 25, 2009

Truly..."The Beach Life"

If you live in Jersey, you are all too familiar with the disgusting weather we endured throughout May and most of June. Luckily, right after the fourth, the weather decided to break and summer arrived. It's been a weird one though. The temps have been holding in the mid to low eighties and there has only been a handful of real humid days. Trust me, I'm not complaining! The best part of the summer by far has been the beach pass! Hubby and I decided to go for the beach pass after all. I was dragging my feet because I couldn't find my old truck kit but DAMN! I am so happy I finally got my act together and went for it. So, right now the back of my truck looks like I live out of it. In addition to the the kit crate which has tow ropes, flairs, first aid, fire extinguisher and all that other fun stuff, there are chairs, an umbrella, coolers, fishing gear, Big Boy and the dog. It's quite comical actually.

I guess I'm apologizing for being such a horrible blogger the past few months. I've actually been trying to finish this post for over a week. I would like to say I'll be back more after the summer but fall weather is the best weather here. Now it's time to drag my lazy butt out the door to go grocery shopping. I didn't like any of the sales at Peapod this week so I couldn't have the groceries delivered. Ugh. I loathe the grocery store in the summer but f I don't go, we'll be drinking ocean water and eating sand for lunch today.

Gone to the Beach...

***ETA...I started this post last weekend :( It only took me a week to finish which is why the date is off by a week. I suck***

1 comment:

Super Freak - Terri said...

Cheeky, I hope you're having a nice summer. The weather sounds great on the Jersey shore. I haven't seen you around much online....I'm sure you're busy with Big Boy and work.

The summer here has been boring, hot and miserable. I'm ready for fall and ready to get my son back to preschool. This daycare is ready to shut its doors!

Take care and keep in touch!