Thursday, August 27, 2009

What a Blast!

I want to thank a few friends who took the time to head down to the Jersey shore to come and visit me! Tina, Mary #1, Mary #2 and Miss Melissa! I don't talk much about the friends I have made through BabyCenter over the years but I should. It turns out they are truly some of the greatest friends I have ever had.

So about a week and a half ago they planned a meet up in Connecticut at Nat's house and took the time to swing by my place on their journeys home. How cool is that! They stayed one night and I was so happy to show them the shore. Obviously, I had to take them up to the boardwalk. I forgot how fun it is to go up there and eat clams on the half and fried oreos myself :) A few of us rode the sky coaster and just had a genuinely good time. There is nothing better than going out for a kid free night with some good friends.

The next day proved to be just as fun. Of course Big Boy was all set to go to my parents house for the day but somehow (insert sarcasm) he sobbed and weaseled his way into spending the day with me. Luckily, for the most part) he was on his best behavior. We all went out to breakfast and had some great laughs but sadly Melissa and Mary #1 had to leave so Mary could catch her plane back to Georgia. I thought it would be fun to take Tina and Mary #2 to the beach, It was a beautiful day and even though I'm always a bit leery of driving on the beach (Hubby always does the driving) I think the girls had a blast and will hopefully always remember it!

I was so sad to see them go and I'm hoping we can make this an annual tradition. I just keep thinking how cool it was to have Virginia, North Carolina, Massachusettes and Georgia all come together for an awesome night out!

Thanks girls and I miss you guys already!

2 comments:

Peaches said...

WE MISS YOU TOO!!!!

Melty said...

Woot! It was fun and I'm definately coming back!