Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No Really, I Love Being Sick

I love it.  I can't get enough of being sick with this plaque which has been vacationing in my house for over a month now.  What I'm even more excited about, is which one of us is going to get it back now.    I'm thinking Big Boy is finally starting to feel better so my money is on him.   Hell, sleep is overrated anyway, right?

All kidding aside, I can't take much more of this.  Hubby got sick just after thanks giving and ended up with raging strep throat and bronchitis.  He was down for the count for over a week but once he was on the mend, all seemed well and it looked like BB and myself would dodge a bullet. 

WRONG.

About a week later, BB begins to show signs of being sick but nothing to panic over.  I come down with an awful case of strep throat and am just a mess.  I had no voice what so ever and had honestly, never felt throat so bad in all my life.  While this is going on, BB's pediatrician is being jerky about his meds but we finally get him on an antibiotic and go about our business.   Unfortuantly, neither one of us ever completely mend from whatever this was and poor Hubby has a relapse right on Christmas and ends up sicker than before.   He bounces back and we spend NYE all lying on the sofa trying to get BB's 104.5 fever down so we don't have to spend the New Year in the ER....

Jealous yet?  I thought you might be.  So here we are just one week into the new year and guess who's having an awful relapse of the plague that wouldn't go away?  Anyone?     That's right...ME!  I hate to bellyache but enough already.   My throat is a mess and combine that with a dry cough and this feeling like someone is sitting on my chest and well, I'm not very happy.   Anyway, all I can do is rest (fat chance) and hope this passes.

1 comment:

Peaches said...

I'm sorry. If it's any consolation, everyone in my house got sick, it lasted for a total of 2-3 days for each of them, and for me? It's been a week and 2. I still have 0 hearing in my left ear due to the ear infection that has now left. You "heard" that. Zero hearing.

I empathize with you.