Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Caved


And finally started to read Twilight. Almost everyone I know has read these books and raves about how excellent they are. I have been looking for something new to read so I figured why not. I'm about fifty pages into the first book and am already hooked. Seriously, I'm going to have to stop off at either Barnes & Noble or Target tomorrow after work to pick up the other three. I hope the other three are out in paperback because there is no way I'm paying hard cover price for them though. I would attempt to put my name on the waiting list at the library but something tells me the list is probably over a hundred names deep.

What is it about these books that are so captivating? Thankfully, I didn't see the movie when it came out so at least my perception of the book isn't skewed. There has only been one movie that has ever lived up to the greatness of it's book counterpart and that would be Bram Stoker's Dracula, but I'll save that for another day.

I really like that there is more than one book which is why I quickly fell in love with both the Left Behind and Harry Potter series. There is nothing better than finishing a great book knowing there is another one waiting to be read. I do tend to get a bit depressed when reading the final book though. For now, I still have New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn to look forward to.

5 comments:

My Little Man said...

Goodness! I JUST started reading it last week! I'm about half way through,

The Beach Life said...

I'm starting to think we were separated at birth!

Peaches said...

We warned you the books were addicting. You should have just bought them all at once. Saved yourself a trip.

Gonna trust us crazies now?

:-P

Anonymous said...

Glad Your finding time to do some reading! When you go to Target don't forget to buy some GB's.

February 24, 2009 4:31 PM

Tiffany said...

I am so addicted! I read all the books in about a week. I want a new book. Better yet, I'll just take Edward. Yummy!