Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Big Day

Well, this is the first of many. Today is Big Boy's pe-k evaluation. Since he will be three the end of this month he is being considered for pre-k due to his speech delay. I am a nervous wreck. I know we are doing what is best for him but I am tired of people passing judgement on my son. Among one of my worries is the fact he isn't potty trained. He just has no interest in the potty. We have tried a few things to peak his curiosity and nothing has worked.

Luckily, hubby is coming with us to the evaluation today. I just don't think I was able to do it alone. The thought of being in a room with five other people besides us, who are there strictly to pass judgement on us has be on my way straight into a panic attack. I am already getting shaky just typing this.

I just want what is best for BB. I know he will do wonderfully once he is in school with other kids. We are very fortunate for where we live because the public school system is excellent and so far the people who I have spoken to genuinely seem to care about BB and his future education. So wish us luck and pray there are no breakdowns in the near future.

No comments: