Thursday, October 9, 2008

When Will He Understand?

Sleep is important. Big Boy has never been a good sleeper. Ever. I think I can count on one hand how many times he has slept through the night and he will be three in a few weeks. I remember holding him as an infant thinking, "alright, I just need to make a few more weeks, everyone says they start sleeping through the night at six weeks." Well, six weeks came and went, then twelve, then six months and well, you get the idea.

I just don't understand what I did wrong. We tried everything. I have read every book about infant and toddler sleep and nothing has helped. I'm just so exhausted. I hear people talk about how their kid slept through the night right away and they would lay the baby down at 8pm and wouldn't hear a peep until 7am. HOW?!

One day, I pray, he will start sleeping better. I worry about what will happen when he starts school next month. He will not be able to handle school on no sleep. Once again, I really wish he had come with an owner's manual.

No comments: