Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to School for Big Boy!

It's that time again and BB is all set to head back to school tomorrow!  I can't believe how fast the summer has gone.  His clothes are all layed out and his lunch is packed.  I've labeled his lunch box and backpack, now the only thing that can go wrong is if BB decides to have a meltdown when I drop him off in the morning.  So far he seems really excited.  He will be returning to his "regular" classroom with his teachers from last year (thank goodness) and we are going back to our old routine of me driving him in.  The school bus was too overwhelming in the morning and this way allows us a few extra minutes of "what if " time.  Lord knows we can always use a few extra minutes when it comes to getting out of the house in the morning.

So wish us luck and let's all hope Big Boy has a smooth transition and falls nicely back in to the swing of things.  Personally, I'm ready to get back to the school year routine.  BB does best on a schedule and his days are extremely regimented this way.  I still can't get over he is already starting his second year in this program.  I swear it seems like only last week we were still trying to get him enrolled.   Time really does slip away...

1 comment:

Beth Dunn said...

Back to school is great but then I mourn the loss of summer too. Hope all went well! xoxo