Sunday, September 6, 2009

Going Once....

Wow.  Can I say my child has just about pushed me over the edge today.  I don't know what went wrong.  We all woke up in great moods, went out and bought new car seats and then BAM!...all hell broke loose.  I really can't figure it out.  Big Boy had one of his worst meltdowns in a long time.  The only thing I was thankful for (in my own selfish way) was Hubby was a witness to the fiasco.  

After we left TRU, we ventured over to Target because I needed to pick up a few last minute things for BB since he goes back to school on Tuesday.  I should have known it was going downhill when he threw a fit over his new carseat.  He wanted his old one and since that was out of the question a pissing contest ensued.  As soon as we got into Target his brain went into overdrive and that was it.  Normally, I would have been able to bring him out of it but I think having Hubby with us threw a wrench in the situation.  I could see Hubby starting to lose it and compound that by BB flipping out and I had one big old soup sandwich of a family on my hands.

After I put my basket down (luckily I only had two or three things in it) getting BB out of the store became a contact sport and Hubby was on the losing end.  I truly felt sorry for him.  He hasn't really experienced one of BB's public meltdowns and I could tell he was heartbroken.  I was finally able to bring BB out of it just before we got home but even afterwards, all he wanted to do was push buttons.

Bedtime has once again become a battle of will.  BB was doing so great  and now he is back to fighting it tooth and nail.  I have to say, my spirit is broken.  I know he doesn't mean it and he is long over due for one of these episodes (luckily, they don't last too long) but they still hurt.  Poor hubby had so many fun things planned today as a surprise and nixed them all.  I can't blame him but I guess part of me is glad he saw it first hand.  BB had such a great day on the beach yesterday and was so well behaved that today was such a shock to us.

Anyway, school starts up again Tuesday and we are all praying once BB gets back in the swing of things with his regular school year teachers, we'll see a change in his behavior.  I feel terrible for venting like this but it jut feels good to get some of this stress off of my chest once in awhile.  **Sigh**

No comments: