Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Smooth Transition

I am very happy to report Big Boy has fell right back in to the swing of things!  Yesterday when we arrived at school he was a little shy but as soon as he saw his favorite teacher, he went right up to her and gave her a huge hug!  His daily progress report  was rather amusing too.  His main teacher wrote he was nothing but smiles all day and kept calling everyone "honey."  I had to laugh at that one.  What can I say, I call him "honey" all the time so I knew it was just a matter of time before he picked up on it.

Back to school morning #2 did not go as smoothly as I had anticipated.  I think BB woke up the wrong side of my bed (notice I did not say his bed).  He was really pushing my buttons this morning and when it came time to get dressed, he decided it would be funny to throw himself on the floor and demand to wear his pj's to school.  Well, I went to pick him up and he lurched his body back smashing his head right on the bridge of my nose.  OH.MY.DEAR.LORD.  I can't even put into words how much pain I was in.  Of course to make matters worse since we were already running late, my nose exploded and there was blood everywhere.  I had just finished getting dressed for work so now, here it was about twenty minutes before we had to leave, BB was still in his pj's and I had to change my clothes and clean up what looked like a crime scene.  As an extra treat, I had a lovely throbbing pain directly inbetween my eyes for the rest of the day.  Super.

For some strange reason I started to feel really bad for him because he kept bringing it up all night.  He would point at my nose and say "Mommy has a boo boo on her nose.  No mommy don't cry."  He even told me he was sorry for hurting my nose and then told me he loved me.  Obviously, that made it all better.  I'm really hoping this morning was a fluke and we can get out of the house in one piece tomorrow because I don't think I can handle another morning like today.  Other than that, all is well and BB is right back on track for another great year!

1 comment:

Peaches said...

Oh my Lord Tracy, do you have two black eyes now? Poor Big Boy, you know he feels awful, LoL.

I hope you feel better now.