Thursday, October 15, 2009

Nothing Yet

Big Boy still hasn't passed the coin he swallowed on Saturday.  We took him back to the pediatrician yesterday and she sent us over to the hospital for another series of x-rays.  Unfortunately, the coin still hasn't moved from his stomach.  His doctor is concerned so she consulted with a surgeon and the consensus is if he doesn't pass it by early next week we will move ahead with seeing the surgeon.  Even though the coin has cleared his airway, it seems to be taking a bit too long moving through the rest of his system.  I'm trying to stay as calm as I can through this but now I'm starting to get really worried.

I guess it's back to the waiting game.  

4 comments:

Nomers said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the coin passes on its own.

Mel said...

howwould they feel if you gave him something to make him poop? Or would that not work since it's not in his intestines yet? hmmm, there has to be a way to get that puppy moving.

Mel said...

oh, that was me, Melty^^

Samy said...

I hope he passes the coin fast, stay positive it will be ok, good thing it was a coin and nothing sharp.