Friday, October 30, 2009

*Sigh*

My poor Big Boy is sick again.  We were at the pediatrician last week and she said he had an upper respiratory infection but nothing to be worried about and sent us on our way.  I knew something wasn't right since.  I know my kid and I sure as hell know when he is out of sorts.  Another trip to the pediatrician later and he has a double ear infection and the croup.  Poor thing.

I just feel so bad for him.  He missed the Halloween party at school and trick or treating at the high school.   I'm really hoping to be able to take him around to a few housed tomorrow but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Luckily it isn't the flu since it's just about impossible to get pediatric Tamiflu that isn't compounded from the adult capsules.  I don't know about you but it scares the hell out of me knowing the pediatric Tamiflu is on a huge back order and the pharmacies have been instructed to make the pediatric doses from the adult capsules.  I have to say it was pretty cool watching the pharmacists do it but really scary at the same time.

In other news, BB still hasn't passed the mystery coin which was swallowed three weeks ago.  I have to take him to his four year well check up on Tuesday and if he hasn't passed it by then I believe we will be sent over to the hospital for more x-rays an then make a decision from there.  I'd like to think that maybe we "missed" it but I highly doubt it.   I guess we'll just keep on waiting.  Between this coin and all the various illnesses he has had the past few weeks,  I think I've kept both his pediatrician and hte pharmacy in business. 

None of this was in the manual...

3 comments:

Peaches said...

I'm sorry Tracy.

Anonymous said...

I hope Big Boy feels better today. Take care and have a good weekend! Terri

Nomers said...

I hope BB is geeling better and was able to do a little trick or treating.