Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Enough Already


This really isn't fair. I took my lumps two weeks ago and dealt with having strep throat. I finished the nine days of antibiotics and was happy to have the yearly plague behind me. Wrong again. I knew something was off last night when I was getting nauseated by everything and I could feel the all too familiar weight in my chest and tickle in my throat. I chalked it up to being exhausted from the time change and went to bed. Wouldn't you know it, I woke up this morning feeling miserable.

Ironically, I was supposed to go back to the doctor tomorrow night to have a repeat strep test. Apparently, strep throat in adults can be very dangerous and my doctor like to play it safe. No biggie, I left work (which I fell so guilty for doing) and went to the doctor today instead. The good news is it isn't strep throat. The bad news is I have tracheal bronchitis and another sinus infection. How the heck does this keep happening???

I know how....I work in a pharmacy surrounded by sick people all day. Big Boy must bring home a ton of germs from school and Hubby works in an office building. Combine all that with my weak immune system and what do you get...me. This is a real bummer though. I'm super contagious and now I missed another day of work today and will definitely miss tomorrow. I'm supposed to stay out the rest of the week but there is no way we can afford it.

What next? Well, I can guarantee BB will catch this. He was a little stuffed up today. I know this sounds terrible but I hope he can fight it off until he gets home from school Friday. I can't miss anymore work to stay home with him. I know my luck though....it will never work out that way. So here I sit, depressed about being sick and feeling lousy. Good times.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I hate being sick. It seems so much harder once you become a mom though. I hope you feel better soon too!

Emmy said...

I hope you're feeling better now and you're new blog layout is so pretty. Sorry I don't read and comment like I should!