Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quite the Conundrum

I think I have mentioned that Big Boy has his first real field trip tomorrow at school. They are all going to Chuck E. Cheese. Since I found out about the trip I have been planning on going but, as the trip gets closer, my anxiety builds. I am terribly worried about how BB will behave it I'm there. I am so worried about him acting up because I'm going to be there and I don't want his trip to be spoiled.

On the other hand, I really don't want to miss his first field trip. I have gotten a lot of excellent advice on what to do and it's no secret that kids do tend to act out when you put school and parents in the same equation. I spoke with his teacher earlier and she completely understands my anxiety and suggested maybe I just stop by for a few minutes to say hi. Now, a normal kid may get upset when they see their parent leave. Not my kid. He'll get upset thinking I'm there to take him home which won't be the case, and I dare you to try to explain that to an already over stimulated three year old. No really, I dare you.

So, here I sit wondering what to do. I feel like if I go, I 'll be setting him up to fail. I feel like if I don't go, he'll be wondering where Mommy is? Damn.

No comments: