Saturday, December 20, 2008

Easiest Fudge Ever


It's really no secret that I love to bake and I even pride myself on how good I have become at it. I finally have a pantry just for my baking supplies and I'm not afraid to try any type of recipe. Well, except fudge. I'm not really a fudge fan but every so often I get a sweet tooth for it. The idea of making it always aggravated me with the whole soft boil and hard boil stage. Way more work than I am willing to do....until now.
While waiting to pick up Big Boy's train table (shhh, don't tell him) at Target the other day, I was reading a little Jello holiday baking booklet. I came across the easiest recipe for fudge that I just had to try. It's so easy I figured it would taste terrible. Was I wrong! I'm not joking, it's this easy..

2 pkg. (8 squares each) Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped walnuts...although you could substitute any kind of nut you like best
2 tsp. vanilla
Line an 8-inch square pan with foil. Microwave (that's right, microwave) chocolate and milk in a bowl on high for 2-3 minutes. Be sure to stir the mixture after 2 minutes and then use your judgement from there. Be sure to stir the mixture until completely melted and then add the nuts and vanilla. Spread the mixture into your foil lined pan. Refrigerated for 2 hours or until firm. Use the foil to remove the fudge from pan and cut into nice bite size square portions. It takes no time to make and for such a simpke recipe, the resluts are fabulous!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, I'll have to try that. I've got an equally easy peanut butter fudge one that is really really good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/peanut-butter-fudge-recipe/index.html

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try that! My husband LOVES fudge & brags how good his father used to make it.