Sunday, December 21, 2008

Southern Pecan Pie

I have always been tempted to try and Pecan pie but for some reason, I thought it was much more difficult to make than it actually is. This recipe is extremely easy and delicious. I'll start you off with the Crisco Pie Crust recipes. I really like these recipes, they work well for me. So, follow the link, choose your weapon and then we'll start on the Pecan pie.

INGREDIENTS
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl. Beat in sugar, and then blend in syrup, butter or margarine, vanilla, salt, and pecans.
Pour filling into unbaked pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes; the pie will be brown and slightly puffed.
This pie absolutely exceeded my expectations and will now be the one pecan pie I will always reccomend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!
I would have loved the pie about 4 years ago! LOL :) Looks real good. YUM

Anonymous said...

That looks absolutely DE-LISH!!!!!! You even make it look easy!!!