Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Little More Lucy


I realized I haven't updated on how well things are going with our new dog Lucy in a while. I think we have finally hit the dog jackpot. I have no idea what happened to this dog before we rescued her but for the life of me, I don't understand how anyone could have gotten rid of her. She is the sweetest dog I have ever met. She is housebroken, command trained and just perfect. Of course, I hope I didn't just jinx myself by typing that.

A good family friend of ours in a Vet and we brought her in to see him about two weeks ago. She weighed almost 60lbs, which is great. She is finally starting to put on some weight. We also had all her shots updated. Even though we were sure she had gotten them by her previous owners we figured better safe than sorry. The jury is still out on this but from what everyone can tell, she is truly a mutt's mutt. She has Mastiff, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Boxer and possibly some Pitbull in her. Either way, she's mine and I don't care what kind of dog she is.

Lucy thinks she's a lapdog and tends to nose her way into every situation but the moment you tell her to go lay down...that is exactly what she does. Her favorite spot is on the floor, right in front of the fireplace. She is great with Big Boy but he tends to get rough with her so until he learns to be gentle, we never allow them to be near each other unsupervised and only in small doses. All I know is I'm very happy Lucy found us and we are able to give her a nice home.

No comments: