Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Should Have Kept My Mouth Shut

Remember a few posts ago when I was bellyaching that it was unseasonably warm. Uh, yeah. The temperature dropped about 25 degrees in an hour today and the wind is gusting over 50 mph. So....figure it's about 0-5 degrees with the windchill. These freak snow showers keep moving through and everything is now frozen. Should make for an interesting NYE on the roads. It's damn cold out there.

As soon as I walked in from work I turned on the fireplace and put on my thick fleece pajama bottoms. Hell, I'm not going out so I might as well be warm and cozy. Hubby picked up some great snacks and even though I'm not much of a drinker (anymore) I think I'll make myself a mojito later. Why not, right? Hopefully, we can make it to midnight.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Happy New Year! I'm celebrating the same way you are. Enjoy your mojito!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Nomers said...

It's almost time for you!!! Happy New Year and enjoy a mojito for me!

Anonymous said...

I finally have someone to blame for the cold weather! Yay!

I hope you had a happy new year!

Nomers said...

How has your New Year been so far? Hope all is well!