Sunday, December 7, 2008

I Think He's Ready To Go....But am I Ready To Let Him Go?

Well, I think Big Boy is ready for his first day of school. My little boy is all tucked away in bed not having a clue what tomorrow will bring. I've been telling him all week he was going to school but I don't think he really understood what the heck I was talking about. Now, I must answer a few questions for my dear friend "Tempest Mom." As always, she is full of questions but most importantly, she is always full of the best heart felt advice which is why I feel she deserves a post of her own.

You about make me cry with you woman!! You're ripping me apart with your anxiety! And I thought *I* was bad!! LOL I'm so eager to hear all about how this goes tomorrow, so I hope you will share it right away! Well, as soon as you can anyway!! Do you already have what he is going to wear all picked out? Are you packing his lunch or is he buying it there? If packing, what are you making him??

Now to answer your questions....Yes, his clothes are all picked out for him and ready to go on his bed. I even have both mine and Hubby's clothes ready to go for the morning. I am trying to avoid last minute morning mayhem just in case something happens in the morning. BB will be bringing his lunch tomorrow. I have packed him a Motts apple juice box along with macaroni and cheese, a granola bar ans a few rice cakes. He has a small pack of Teddy Grahams for snack time. I love the fact that they will heat his lunch up for him!They really are so unbelievably accommodating. I will put a few dollars in his lunch box and let one of the aides know I would like him to also have milk with his lunch. Let's see....I have a bag of wipes, diapers and pull ups along with a change of clothes all ready to go. This bag will be staying at school.

I don't know what I am going to do when he starts crying tomorrow when we go to leave. I just keep thinking about how happy he is going to be when he gets off the school bus and sees everyone waiting for him. I"m happy with my decision to drive him in the morning. That is more time we have together.

Ugh. I need to go to bed but I just don't want to. BB is sleeping in my bed so I think I'll go cozy up to him and try not to cry! Wish us luck tomorrow and I''ll be back as soon as possible with all the details!

2 comments:

Nomers said...

Can't wait to hear how Big Boys day at school went! I completely understand the anxiety your having! Big Boy is going to great tomorrow.

Miss V. said...

...so?! How did it go?!